This transition into growing my hair to be healthy has not
been easy, guys. It seems like this last month took so much longer than the
first three! The other day I caught my dear MM staring at my hair.
He said he was just looking at it.
I wasn’t happy about that….but I should be glad that the hair colors
(my triple ombre as a friend called it!) are now noticeable. It means I am
doing something right. It’s growing! And thanks to this coco, your hair,
it is growing very quickly. I am starting to see the difference in my hair’s
health too, the top is soft and silky and the rest….
Let’s say my hair is 24” long, and grows .5” every month. If
you dye your roots/hair every three or so months with no trim, then the ends of my hair have
been dyed 12 times. TWELVE TIMES. That’s so much damage!! So honestly I can say
that the rest of my hair feels like the individual hairs are thick, like the
difference between silk strings and straw. Except my hair doesn’t feel like
straw. Except the ends-they were bad.
I finally got a trim the other day, and it was a horrible experience.
She ripped my hair out with a brush (brushing top down, didn’t even detangle!),
cut off twice as much as I wanted (SHE CUT AN INCH), and then insulted me by
saying I needed to use a deep conditioner. I was SO upset! But I do think my
ends look so much better. I’m still somewhat upset over the experience. Maybe I
can teach MM how to trim my hair?
I’ve also switched to low-poo shampoo. Low-poo just means
you are using fewer harsh chemicals in your hair, but not none. I’ve mentioned
before that I tried no-poo, and it didn’t go well at all. I think switching to
low-poo was a good idea to ease my hair into no-poo in a few months. I haven’t
decided quite when! I have been using shea moisture shampoo, like the one here
over at amazon. It was on sale at ulta a month ago, and I just couldn’t resist
making the switch. And to be honest, that is why my hair photos haven’t been
looking that great lately. Also my photos seem to be after a deep conditioning
or being in a bun…so hopefully this time I am taking GOOD photos from now on. I can finally
say that my hair has started to go back to normal, it isn’t too greasy or too
dry.
My routine:
- Wash with luke warm water, not hot! Any kind of heat damages your hair, so I don’t want to boil my hair.
- Wash with shea moisture, rinse thoroughly.
- No towel dry-let it drip dry or wrap in an old tshirt/material that isn’t as damaging to your hair.
- Apply argan oil to the ends, just a few drops.
- After it air drys, use a wide tooth comb to get the tangles out. Start at the bottom, and go up.
I can go about four days without washing my hair, and my
hair still looks good and isn’t oily. If it is feeling oily, then I’ll use a
boar bristle brush to help the oils move from the scalp down. Taking small
chunks of my hair and brushing it thoroughly.
Another month down, and I’m really looking forward to the
next month. When I started this, I thought I would wait until my hair was 8”
and then cut my hair and donate it. I don’t know if I can do that! And to think
that 8” of hair is at your chin, which is 16 months of growing. Thank goodness
I am already 25% there! By this time next year, I will have the option of
cutting my hair…just not sure I will do it!
and then there are always the halfway distracted photos.....
and then there are always the halfway distracted photos.....
No comments:
Post a Comment